Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Patience

Patience is something that for me personally is hard to understand, and I have to work very hard at it everyday. Learning patience is something that I have learned a lot of on my mission even though I have only been out a few months. God works in myterious ways, and I might never come to a knowledge of His ways, but if I can just acknowledge that patience is how he works, then that is what I will do.
The other day I was with Elder Hyde as my two companions were in a leadership training. Elder Hyde came into my area and we went about going house to house as I had planned the night before. All of our plans and all of our people we wanted to see fell through, or weren't home. We decided to go try and see a man that we had never seen before and from what I had heard he was not very interested, but we decided to head to his house anyway. On the way there we ran into a family that was moving out of their house. We decided that it would be a great service opportunity. We helped them move some pretty heavy stuff into the moving truck, while it was raining, all the while telling them about the church and why we are out on a mission. When it was time for Elder Hyde and I to leave, we offered to help them move into their new house or have missionaries in that area help them, but they weren't really that interested in actually sitting down and having a lesson with missionaries at all. Even though they didn't want to be taught and we didn't get an appointment with them, we left them with a good feeling about the church that we belong too. I wanted to be able to teach them but that will come in their own time, and God's time. He will decide when they are ready to hear the message that we have come out here to share.
 In the mormon message, Continue in Patience, President Uchtdorf gives examples of why we need to be patient and how our common adversary is trying to pull us away from our goal, trying to pull us away from our Heavenly Father. I invite you all to watch this video, and your testimony will grow as mine has as you recognize the situations where you need to be patient and why you need to be patient.
I know that if we just wait, and allow the spirit to work in us it will manifest to us that we are not giving into temptation for a reason, that what we are doing is what God wants us to do. As we strive to follow our Heavenly Father's plan and follow his guidelines that we will be able to live with him again and have everlasting life just as He has promised.

2 comments:

  1. I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete