Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Greenie all Alone

My two companions, Elder Walker and Elder Dye, went to a leadership training today. They went to become better trainers and missionaries. So that leaves me, a greenie with hope that some other missionary with a year or so under his belt will come down and help me out in Thompson Station. Elder Hyde was the one who I brought back down with me so we could find new investigators and continue in the work that I was left to do. He has only been out one transfer, six weeks, longer then I have so you can understand my reservations about leaving us two alone in a big area, in which we were both new too. As I picked him up and we went to work, my attitude completely changed as we became better acquainted with each other. We are both from Idaho, and we have similar interests. With our attitude and tracting skills, we tracted for hours, we picked up a few new potential investigators, and had a great time helping a family move as we shared the gospel with them. A man answered a door we knocked on today. When we first told him about the B.O.M. (Book of Mormon) and asked if we could give him a copy he said, "Honestly I don't think that I would ever read it." Just then Elder Hyde was prompted to tell him his own testimony of the B.O.M. Shortly before we left, he accepted a copy.
Today was the first day that I really realized how much attitude can change my own outlook on a situation. How much more our Heavenly Father will bless us as we put forth the effort with a helping attitude. How much more we can get accomplished when we really put forth the effort to get it done. I have a strong testimony about attitude after today and it is something that I hope everyone can learn and apply.
 Here is a talk by President Thomas S. Monson entitled Faces and Attitudes. The attitudes of accomplishment is a very powerful section on why we need the right attitude and the different types of positive attitudes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment