Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Satan's Game

 "Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil" (Matt. 4:1) Satan knows us, he knows our weaknesses. By accepting God's plan, we also accepted the hardships and trials that this life would bring. Satan is everywhere, he is in movies, books, magazines, and people. He hits us while we are down, he takes cheap shots anywhere and everywhere he can. There are no referees, no coaches, no rules. He does everything he can to make us feel worthless and pathetic. Even the Son of God, Jesus Christ, was tempted by the devil himself. Satan tried to break down the will of Christ, if he tempted the only perfect being ever to walk this earth, why wouldn't he tempt us also? 

But there is a way out. There is a way through the difficult times when Satan is hitting us with all hes got. Christ. We have to turn to Christ, turn to His love, and the love of our Father in heaven. We need the strength that only Christ and God can give us if we want to make it through the barrage of Satan's attacks. Philippians 4:13 states, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheth me." How true this statement is.

I have seen in my own life the love that our Father in heaven and Jesus Christ have for me. I know without a doubt in my mind that the only way to have the strength sometimes to get through tough times is to turn to Heavenly Father. I know that if we do, then we can get though any trial, climb any mountain, and beat Satan at his own one-sided game.

No comments:

Post a Comment