Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mountainous Climb

In life everyone has their own different challenges. Some are harder then others. Some seem to tear people down, down to where they themselves think that they can not get back up. I am hear to tell you that anyone, through the help of Jesus Christ, can get back up.
Life is a roller coaster. Only being 19 years old, I am still confused. What am I going to do with my life? Am I supposed to be doing this? Why am I doing this? These questions go through me head all the time, and I do not know the answers. One of my favorite analogies is this:
Life's struggles and challenges are like mountains, and we are the climber. We look up on these challenges and wonder, "How in the world are we going to climb over this road block in our life?" We can climb the mountain by ourselves, without any equipment but it will be difficult and we will slip and we will fall. Climbing a mountain without a rope or harness is like going through life without Jesus Christ or the gospel in our lives. Jesus Christ is the rope, harness, and all the equipment necessary to climb our own personal mountains, to overcome our obstacles in life. If we fall, Christ is there to catch us, and get us climbing again.
I have been through difficult struggles in my life and I have not always had the harness on, and I have fallen. We might always be able to get over the mountain, even without equipment, but how much easier will it be with it?! One elderly man we were teaching, we will call him Steve, was so close to being baptized. He was almost baptized about 40 years ago but the water was too cold, so the missionary told him to get out. He knows that this church is true, and he knows that he needs to be baptized, so why aren't we teaching him anymore? Well he told us to not come back for a while, I was crushed. He was so close! Now after much thought and praying on the subject I know that as I trust in the Lord, that He will lead and guide me as what to say and do for Steve.
Isaiah 26:4 "Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:" I know that as we trust in the Lord, no matter what we are being afflicted with, we can climb that mountain, drive around that roadblock, and we can again be on the straight and narrow path that leads to eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment