Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Easter!

When I was little, I never took much notice to the importance of many things. I didn't understand the need for my parents to work, why I needed to do chores at home, and why I had to go to church. As I grew older I quickly came to the knowledge of why these things had to be done, but one important date I was still confused about was Easter. Why did we celebrate Easter. It seemed silly to me to have a holiday centered around a little bunny who hides chicken eggs around. Many people forget the importance of holidays. Christmas is taken just as a day to recieve gifts, money, and a day off from work. Even though Christmas and Easter both are days that we should be with our families,  recognizing our savior Jesus Christ should be the main focus on those two days. As a Christian and a Latter-day Saint, I want to expound just a little about why Easter is so special. Easter is the day that Christ was resurrected. After three days of laying in a tomb, he was risen from it and his spirit was reunited with his body. 1 Corinthians 15:20 says, "But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept." Easter is a day to remember Christ rising and breaking the bonds of death,so if we follow our Father in heavens commandments we too can loose the bonds of death and become like christ. Matthew 5:48 "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." This video is just a short but profound look on what Christ had to endure to fulfill his father's will. As this Easter season comes upon us, I would invite all to turn your attention to Christ and really try to understand what he did for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment